The Columbia Basin Chapter of the Native Plant Society serves both the Tri-Cities and Walla Walla areas. The Tri-Cities membership meets the first Wednesday of each month from September through June; the Walla Walla membership meets the second Wednesday of each month. Both groups sponsor activities promoting native plants including:
- Field trips
- Plant identification workshops
- Developing demonstration gardens
- Salvaging native plants and seed collection
- Organizing work parties to plant and restore native species
- Public outreach and education
Events are open to the public.